Friday, June 19, 2015

Final


            My work shows flowers that you can find anywhere, or even in a flower bed. In my work, I tried to show it as flowers in a flower bed. These flowers are on of the first things I see in the morning when I go to leave for school. They have always been full and bright in the morning. Also the way the sun shines on them in the morning is the most beautiful thing. I chose this theme because I like the natural beauty of flowers and I love how delicate they are. Even though I edited these pictures to make them not look as they normally would, you can still see that they are delicate and that they have beauty in whatever color they are. I thought flowers would be a nice touch for me because I enjoy getting flowers from people and having them there. I love nature and no matter where it is I will always stop to look at them and how beautiful they are.
            For this project I had really wanted to get the garden decorations in the background and create a low depth of field piece. I really had wanted to capture those because it would have helped defend my original idea of "things to find in a flower bed besides flowers." I couldn't seem to get my camera to focus or have my f-stop focused in on the right aspect I needed it too. I did achieve the ability to change my idea and colorize the pictures. I enjoyed this theme because I was able to show that even if they aren't real colors of flowers they can still be just as beautiful as they were before. I edited my photos in photoshop by taking all four of the pictures and first going into the image>black and white tab and making the photos black and white. I then changed the contrast of the pictures. After that I added a blank layer and locked my original picture so I didn't mess with the original picture and only painted on the layer mask. I then used my quick selection tool to select the petals carefully and make sure that I didn't get any of the background to get any unnecessary color.
            The strongest image in my series would have to be the bottom right photo. I had taken this picture head on unlike some of the other ones. It had a nice composition in the way that it was taken. That was my favorite picture out of all the ones I had wanted to use. Even though it wasn't my theme in the end, I like the way I was able to capture the flower with the light behind it and everything else behind those was blurry. The other pictures were taken at more of an above view where this one you could see what was around it and what else was there. The photo that was the weakest image would be the top left. This flower wasn't all that full like the other ones are. This one was starting to wilt and loose its petals. The other ones had most of there petals and had been standing nice and tall. The flowers were hard to choose from though because I wanted to try and get all the flowers to look as close in size and shape as possible. But most flowers aren't always going to be the same size, shape and/or color.
            If I could change anything about my work, I would try and see how the images looked when editing it differently. Instead of making the picture black and white I would leave the full color and try to create the low depth of field. I would have changed the levels and curves in a different way to see the lighting would do for the rest of the picture. Also, I would see what other things I could do with the pictures that I had. I think I should have made all the pictures be taken from the same angle. Instead of three of them being an above view I would make it an eye level view.

No comments:

Post a Comment